- Print This Page
- Change Type Sizes
- Plan Details & Cost Main Page
- Types of Care Covered
- Plan Choices & Features
- Which Plan is Right for You?
- Program Cost & Payment Options
- Qualifying for Benefits
- FLTCIP 2.0 Benefit Booklet PDF
- FLTCIP 2.0 Outline of Coverage
- Alternative Insurance Plan
- FLTCIP Service Package
Program Cost & Payment Options
Determining the cost of your plan
The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) calculates the initial cost of your plan, known as premium, based on your age on the date we receive your application and the benefit options you select. Your premiums do not change because you get older or your health changes after your coverage becomes effective. However, premiums are not guaranteed. See the FLTCIP 2.0 Outline of Coverage for information about when premiums may change.
We have created an online rate quote calculator to help you determine your premium:
- FLTCIP Premium Calculator - You can either calculate premiums for our pre-packaged plans or customize your plan.
Options for paying premiums
The FLTCIP offers three convenient options for paying your long term care insurance premiums:
- Payroll or annuity/pension deduction - If you choose this option, premiums will be deducted from your pay or annuity/pension (or the pay or annuity/pension of the person you specify on your application). This option is available to most enrollees. If you are paid biweekly and choose this option, your premiums will be deducted biweekly. If you are paid monthly (or receive a monthly annuity), your premiums will be deducted each month.
You will need to know your Payroll Office Identifier number for this option.
- Automatic bank withdrawal - If you choose this option, premiums will be deducted automatically on the third business day of every month from the checking or savings account you specify.
- Direct bill - If you choose this option, you will receive a monthly bill at your designated mailing address the month before your premium is due.
Changing your billing method
You can change your method of payment at any time and for any reason by submitting a billing change form.