Instructions to Increase Type Sizes or Magnify Web Pages
If you have a mouse with a scrolling wheel built into it and you are using any of the browsers mentioned below, you can magnify by pressing the Control key (Ctrl) and simultaneously scrolling the wheel up. Press Ctrl and scroll the wheel down to minimize.
Most browsers will also magnify if you press Ctrl while tapping the + key. Press Ctrl while tapping the – key to minimize.
You can magnify by pressing the Command key, known as the "Apple key" or "open-Apple key," while tapping the + key. Press the Command key while tapping the – key to minimize.
If the above recommendations do not work, you must determine what browser you are using and follow the specific instructions for that browser, below:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Choose Zoom from the View menu in the toolbar.
- Zoom options will appear, and you can select Zoom In or Zoom Out. Select Zoom Text Only to magnify text only (not images). Select Reset to return to the default.
- Google Chrome
- Click on the wrench icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Next to Zoom in the drop down menu, click on either the + or   symbols.
- To return to the default, click the + or symbols until the number between them reads 100%.
- Apple Safari
- Click on the document icon, which is to the right of the search bar.
- Choose Zoom.
- Zoom options will appear, you can select Zoom In or Zoom Out. Select Zoom Text Only to magnify text only (not images). Select Actual Size to return to the default.
Close this window