Please find a list of our technical requirements below, including links to websites where you can access additional instructions and download the necessary programs for free, if needed.
- An up-to-date website browser is recommended. To download the most recent versions of the website browsers we support, click on the links below:
- Screen resolution of at least 1024x768 is recommended for high bandwidth versions of our tools and videos and no smaller than 800x600 for low bandwidth versions of our tools and videos.
- Broadband internet access (a data transfer rate of 500 kilobytes per second or better is required for low bandwidth versions of our tools and videos).
- Javacript must be enabled to use the functional, interactive pages of our website.
- Adobe Flash Player (version 9 and up is recommended) must be installed to watch some of the videos on our website.
- Adobe Reader must be installed to download Adobe Acrobat PDF files.
- To enlarge or reduce the size of the pages of our website (zoom in or zoom out)
- view these instructions for various web browsers.
If you have a mouse with a scrolling wheel built into it and you are using any of the browsers mentioned below, you can magnify by pressing the Control key (Ctrl) and simultaneously scrolling the wheel up. Press Ctrl and scroll the wheel down to minimize.
Most browsers will also magnify if you press Ctrl while tapping the + key. Press Ctrl while tapping the – key to minimize.
You can magnify by pressing the Command key, known as the "Apple key" or "open-Apple key," while tapping the + key. Press the Command key while tapping the – key to minimize.
If the above recommendations do not work, you must determine what browser you are using and follow the specific instructions for that browser, below:
- Mozilla Firefox
- 1. Choose Zoom from the View menu in the toolbar.
- 2. Zoom options will appear, and you can select Zoom In or Zoom Out. Select Zoom Text Only to magnify text only (not images). Select Reset to return to the default.
- Google Chrome
- 1. Click on the wrench icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- 2. Next to Zoom in the drop down menu, click on either the + or - symbols.
- 3. To return to the default, click the + or - symbols until the number between them reads 100%.
- Apple Safari
- 1. Click on the document icon, which is to the right of the search bar.
- 2. Choose Zoom.
- 3. Zoom options will appear, you can select Zoom In or Zoom Out. Select Zoom Text Only to magnify text only (not images). Select Actual Size to return to the default.
Close this window