News and Announcements
The Benefits of Long Term Care Insurance Are Invaluable
Responsible Claims Handling Is a Hallmark of the FLTCIP
Ensure Mom Has the Care She Needs
Long term care is the care you will need if you can no longer perform the activities of daily living due to a chronic illness, injury, disability, or the aging process."
Like most long term care insurance plans, the Federal Long Term care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) does not pay benefits for any of the following:
- illness, treatment or medical condition arising out of:
- your participation in a felony, riot or insurrection; or
- your attempted suicide, while sane or insane; or
- injuries you intentionally inflict on yourself; or
- care or treatment for alcoholism or drug addiction; or
- care or treatment provided in a government facility, including a Department of Defense or Department of Veterans Affairs facility, unless otherwise required by law; or
- care you receive while in a hospital, except in a unit specifically designated as a nursing home or
hospice facility; or
- any service or supply to the extent the expense for it is reimbursable under
Medicare or would be so reimbursable except for the application of a deductible, coinsurance or co-payment amount. (This exclusion will not apply in those instances where Medicare is determined to be the secondary payor under applicable law); or
- services or supplies for which you are not obligated to pay in the absence of insurance; or
- services provided by any person who normally lived in your home at the time you became eligible for benefits.
Federal family members can apply for coverage anytime—you do not have to wait for the next open season. Premiums are based on your age and the premium rates in effect at the time we receive your application—the younger you are when you apply, the lower your premium will be.